El Secundo Lifo

[16:22] You: penis [16:22] You: scrotum [16:23] marmalade Writer: nads? [16:23] You: yes child [16:23] Bonzo Chesnokov: gonoids [16:23] You: alright dont get carried away! [16:23] You: there's always one that tries to fit in

Saturday 10 May 2008

So your best mate is a Linden?

Now as much as I enjoy talking about slights on different country's, I am not actually racist, I can take a joke (something a lot of people in SecondLife lack). But I draw the line at serious racism intended to be insulting...



SO



One day as I'm wending my merry way through a Simulator El Secundo I'm suddenly informed that a mate of mine is being subjected to indecent racism of the lowest kind. SAL TO THE RESCUE! I get on my cape and boots and I'm off another do-gooding mission. So I confront the racist and give them some friendly words of advice and I'm given the old usual response,



<---"I KNOW a Linden and he's getting a call!!!" Yeah Yeah Yeah, heeeeaaaard it all before. Seems this time I may have laughed too early as I was subsequently banned less than 30 seconds later. YES 30 seconds. And it was an hour later that I received an email informing me an investigation had gone underway into my banning. Cards on the tables ladies et gents - I got banned BEFORE the investigation? That seems a little strange no? So I collect myself, finish up explaining to the missus and taking an ass kicking and get on writing a ticket to LindenLabs to review my ban. Problem -



1.) Three days later I receive a reply telling me that Basic Account holders cannot ask the specific question of "Why am I banned?" So I go back rephrase it to "My account won't log on". I rub my hands together with childish glee and anticipate a response.

2. "We've reviewed the "investigation", all is in order"



Pull the other one mate, you know, it really pisses me off when someone gets away with SecondLife murder, which we call "orbiting" because they "know" a Linden. Well I met Teddy Sherringham don't see me crying about it.



Example Numero Zwei



One fine winter's day myself and my bride to be were running people over with a Hobo train, my wife isn't banned, someone knew a Linden and I was.



My wife left a rezzed platform on someone's land, she was banned a day, I was banned three days...hmm yes



Seriously Linden Labs employees are more corrupt than a Nigerian police officer. It makes me sick to the bottom of my nacho filled stomach.



Sal's words of enlightening advice - next time someone tells you they know a Linden, tell them so do you.

No comments: